Full-Time Academic Vacancy
There is a full-time academic vacancy in the Faculty of Law at KU Leuven (Belgium) in the area of labour law. KU Leuven is looking for candidates with an excellent record of research and with educational competence within the field of labour law. You can submit your application no later than March 13, 2014, only through the university's online application system. For problems with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website Access for Participating Organizations
In addition to receiving printed volumes, all subscribers are given a subscriber’s passcode as a benefit of subscription.
In 2013, the Comparative Labor Law and Policy Journal announced a program that provides participating organizations with a passcode that allows their members to have electronic access to all past and current articles. Participating in this membership benefit program thus far are:
- Australian Labour Law Association
- China Law Society
- Industrial Law Society (United Kingdom)
- International Labour Office (Switzerland)
- Israeli Society for Labor Law and Social Security
- Italian Association of Labor Law and Social Security
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (United States)
- South African Society for Labour Law
Organizations interested in participation should contact the Journal’s Managing Editor, Gita DeLeon, at email@example.com.
Call for Papers for the 2014 Marco Biagi Award
To stimulate scholarly activity and broaden academic interest in comparative labour and employment law, the International Association of Labour Law Journals announces a Call for Papers for the 2014 Marco Biagi Award. The award is named in honor of the late Marco Biagi, a distinguished labour lawyer, victim of terrorism because of his commitment to civil rights, and one of the founders of the Association. The Call is addressed to doctoral students, advanced professional students, and academic researchers in the early stage of their careers.
- The Call requests papers concerning comparative and/or international labour or employment law and employment relations, broadly conceived. Research of an empirical nature within the Call’s purview is most welcome.
- Submissions will be evaluated by an academic jury to be appointed by the Association.
- Papers accepted by the jury will be assured publication in a member journal.
- Papers may be submitted preferably in English, but papers in French, or Spanish will also be accepted. The final version should not significantly exceed 50,000 characters which is about twenty printed pages.
- The author or authors of the papers selected by the jury will be invited to present the work at the Association’s 2014 meeting in Dublin. Efforts are being undertaken to attach an honarium and travel expenses for the presentation of the paper. Until that effort bears fruit, however, the Association hopes that home institutional funds would be available to support the researcher’s presentation.
- The deadline for submission is April 30, 2014. Submissions should be transmitted electronically to both Lavoro e diritto at firstname.lastname@example.org andthe Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal at email@example.com.
The International Association of Labor Law Journals
Análisis Laboral, Peru
Arbeit und Recht, Germany
Australian Journal of Labor Law, Australia
Bulletin on Comparative Labour Relations, Belgium
Canadian Labour and Employment Law Journal, Canada
Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal, USA
Diritti lavori mercati, Italy
Europäische Zeitschrift für Arbeitsrecht (EuZA), Germany
European Labour Law Journal, Belgium
Giornale di Diritto del lavoro e relazioni industriali, Italy
Industrial Law Journal, United Kingdom
Industrial Law Journal, South Africa
International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations, The Netherlands
International Labour Review, ILO
Japan Labor Review, Japan
Labour Society and Law, Israel
La Rivista Giuridica del Lavoro e della Previdenza Sociale – RGL, Italy
Lavoro e Diritto, Italy
Pécs Labor Law Review, Hungary
Relaciones Laborales, Spain
Revista de Derecho Social, Spain
Revue de Droit Comparé du Travail et de la Securité Sociale, France
Revue de Droit du Travail, France
Rivista giuridica del lavoro e della sicurezza sociale, Italy
Temas Laborales, Spain
Zeitschrift für ausländisches und internationales Arbeits- und Sozialrecht, Germany
Prior Recipients of the Marco Biagi Award
2013 - Aline Van Bever (University of Leuven, Belgium), The Fiduciary Nature of the Employment Relationship
2012 - Diego Marcelo Ledesma Iturbide (Buenos Aires University, Argentina), Una propuesta para la reformulación de la conceptualización tradicional de la relación de trabajo a partir del relevamiento de su especificidad jurídica
Special Commendation: Apoorva Sharma (National Law University, Delhi, India),
Towards an Effective Definition of Forced Labor
2011 - Beryl Ter Haar (Universiteit Leiden, the Netherlands), Attila Kun (Károli Gáspár University, Hungary) & Manuel Antonio Garcia-Muñoz Alhambra (University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain), Soft On The Inside; Hard For the Outside: An Analysis of the Legal Nature of New Forms of International Labour Law
Special Commendation: Mimi Zou (Oxford University, Great Britain), Labour Relations
With “Chinese Characteristics”? Chinese Labour Law at an Historic Crossroad
2010 - Virginie Yanpelda, (Université de Douala, Cameroun), Travail décent et diversité des rapports de travail Special Commendation:Marco Peruzzi (University of Verona, Italy), Autonomy in the European social dialogue
Association’s Award Prior to Naming as Marco Biagi Award
2009 - Orsola Razzolini (Bocconi University, Italy), The Need to Go Beyond the Contract: “Economic” and “Bureaucratic” Dependence in Personal Work Relations