Law Firm Challenge
The Game Is On. The Goal: 100% Alumni Participation
Every year, Illinois Law alumni show their support and gratitude to the College by making gifts to the Annual Fund, endowed scholarships, and more. Now, you can give back and have some friendly competition with the Law Firm Challenge. Compete with alumni at your peer law firms by making a contribution to the College of Law by June 30, 2015.
Firms that reach 100% participation by December 31, 2014 will be recognized as a Pacesetter Firm. Firms that reach 80% participation or higher by the end of the Challenge will receive a plaque, be recognized at various events, have bragging rights over peer firms, and, most importantly, show their loyalty to the College of Law.
Read on for more information, or make your gift now. Check back soon to track your firm’s progress against the competition, and contact the Office of Advancement if you have any questions!
Making a Gift
Gifts can be made to the College of Law through mail, our secure online form, or by making a credit card gift by phone.
If you are unsure whether you have made a gift during the current fiscal year, please contact the Office of Advancement at (217) 333-2628 or by email.
Any gift to the College of Law made during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015) will count toward participation in the 2015 Law Firm Challenge. This includes, but is not limited to, contributions to:
- The Annual Fund
- An existing pledge
- A class reunion gift
- A matching gift from your firm or spouse’s organization
- Another College of Law fund or scholarship
- Support: Due to decreasing state funding for higher education, alumni financial support has never been more important as it is today. Your gift will allow the College to grow the Chicago Program and other innovative curricular initiatives, attract top students, offer financial aid and scholarships, and address the College’s most pressing financial needs.
- Promotion: Your firm’s 100% participation shows students, your fellow alumni, and your competitors that you are committed to the College of Law. Every firm that achieves 100% participation will be recognized in publications and media seen by alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the College. All results are posted on our website and on display screens throughout the law building. Firms are also encouraged to promote their involvement.
- Alumni Network: The Law Firm Challenge is designed to strengthen the connection between the College of Law and its alumni. The challenge will highlight our presence in firms across Illinois and the nation and help alumni working in different firms to unite in the common cause of supporting their alma mater.
- Bragging Rights: Firms that reach 100% participation by December 31 will be deemed Pacesetter Firms. Firms that reach 80% or higher by June 30, 2015 will be recognized in social media and at College events.
For questions or additional information, contact:
Office of Advancement
University of Illinois College of Law
504 East Pennsylvania Avenue
Champaign, IL 61820