25th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference
Saturday, February 27, 2016
We invite all alumni to participate in the 25th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference on February 27, 2016 at the College of Law. Through this conference, we bring together the College of Law community to spend a day with our distinguished alumni. This conference serves as both an introduction to the profession for our first year students, as well as a day to foster and strengthen connections and career paths for our second and third year students.
Register to attend.
This year's conference will primarily feature:
- 1 Hour of Illinois MCLE Credit: Alumni who attend the plenary session presented by Dean Vikram Amar will receive one hour of Illinois MCLE credit.
- Panel Discussions: Students are eager for you to share your professional stories with them. No particular expertise is required to serve as a panelist – we want you to talk about your experience and share advice on what students can do now to help them prepare for their transition to practice, including: how to develop professional networks as a student (and why they should start now), what you wish you would have known as a student or would do differently if you could go back in time, best practices on how to engage and build mentoring relationships with alumni, and how professional communication can help build your personal brand and your career.
- Networking Luncheon: Enjoy lunch with alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
- Small Group Discussions: You will be matched with students who have expressed an interest in learning more about your practice areas and practice setting where you can share insight on a variety of topics of interest to the students, including: What is your practice like? What steps led you to your current position? How can a student assess whether a similar career would be a good fit for him or her?
- Networking Opportunities: On Saturday evening, February 27, we'll host an informal reception with dinner, cocktails, and games at the College of Law for alumni to mingle in a relaxed setting.
Full Schedule of Events
In prior years, many employers have generously made financial gifts to support the Alumni-Student Career Conference. These gifts enable us to host the conference free of charge to students and alumni volunteers. As a sponsoring individual or organization, your name will appear in all ASCC signage and print materials, and you will have the opportunity to distribute information and marketing materials to our students throughout the day of the conference at individual tables in the Peer and Sarah Pedersen Pavilion. Please consider sponsoring the 25th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference in your name or in the name of your firm or company.
Three levels of sponsorship will be recognized:
- Gold sponsors - $500 or more
- Silver sponsors - $250 to $499
- Bronze sponsors - $100 to $249
Please contact Alex Piller at (217) 244-9359 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about becoming a sponsor. The Alumni-Student Career Conference would not be possible without your loyal support and enthusiasm. Thank you!
The College of Law has reserved blocks of rooms at the following hotels. When booking, be sure to ask for a room in the College of Law block.
101 Trade Centre Drive in Champaign
Block rate: $94.99 plus tax per night (includes breakfast)
Available until: January 27, 2016
Comfort Suites Champaign-Urbana
2001 North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana
Block rate: $99.99 plus tax per night (includes breakfast)
Available until: February 1, 2016
For more information about the Alumni-Student Career Conference, please contact:
Associate Director, Career Planning and Professional Development
University of Illinois College of Law, Suite 101
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 244-9359