24th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference
Saturday, February 28, 2015
We invite all alumni to participate in the 24th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference on February 28, 2015 at the College of Law. Through this conference, we bring together the College of Law community to spend a day with our distinguished alumni. This conference serves as both an introduction to the profession for our first year students, as well as a day to foster and strengthen connections and career paths for our second and third year students.
This year's conference will primarily feature:
- Panel Discussions: Students are eager for you to share your professional stories with them. No particular expertise is required to serve as a panelist – we want you to talk about your experience and share advice on what students can do now to help them prepare for their transition to practice, including: how to develop professional networks as a student (and why they should start now), what you wish you would have known as a student or would do differently if you could go back in time, best practices on how to engage and build mentoring relationships with alumni, and how professional communication can help build your personal brand and your career.
- Networking Luncheon: You will be matched with students who have expressed an interest in learning more about your practice areas and practice setting where you can share insight on a variety of topics of interest to the students, including: What is your practice like? What steps led you to your current position? How can a student assess whether a similar career would be a good fit for him or her?
- Small Group Discussions: These sessions will allow students and alumni to get to know each other better and discuss a diverse range of career and/or practice-related topics of interest to the group.
- Networking Opportunities: On Friday evening, February 27, we'll host an informal welcome reception at a local establishment for alumni to mingle in a relaxed setting. On Saturday, February 28, following the scheduled afternoon activities, an informal reception will end the conference.
In prior years, many employers have generously made financial gifts to support the Alumni-Student Career Conference. These gifts enable us to host the conference free of charge to students and alumni volunteers. As a sponsoring individual or organization, your name will appear in all ASCC signage and print materials, and you will have the opportunity to distribute information and marketing materials to our students throughout the day of the conference at individual tables in the Peer and Sarah Pedersen Pavilion. Please consider sponsoring the 24th Annual Alumni-Student Career Conference in your name or in the name of your firm or company.
Three levels of sponsorship will be recognized:
- Gold sponsors - $500 or more
- Silver sponsors - $250 to $499
- Bronze sponsors - $100 to $249
Please contact Maria Saez Tatman at (217) 300-5648 or email@example.com to learn more about becoming a sponsor. The Alumni-Student Career Conference would not be possible without your loyal support and enthusiasm. Thank you!
For more information about the Alumni-Student Career Conference, please contact:
Maria Saez Tatman
Associate Director, Career Planning and Professional Development
University of Illinois College of Law, Suite 101
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 300-5648