The College of Law Study Abroad program offers valuable experiences at universities across the globe in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, The Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore and Spain.
Through College of Law exchange agreements, J.D. students can study abroad and receive credit toward their J.D. degree.
These programs are open to law students who have completed their first year of study (30 credit hours). A full course load must be taken during the study abroad semester (minimum 12 credits). To be eligible to participate, the student must be in good standing and carry a minimum GPA of 3.0. Selected courses must meet American Bar Association requirements and are subject to the approval of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. At some schools courses in English may be limited.
The application deadline for fall semester study abroad is February 15, and the deadline for spring semester study abroad is September 15. To apply, visit the University Study Abroad website and search for the program listed below. There is a non-refundable $25 application fee.
If you are interested in studying abroad or have questions about the program, please email email@example.com.
College of Law Exchange Programs
Study Abroad for College of Law J.D. students is available at the following universities. Per American Bar Association reporting requirements, the College of Law generally cannot have more than two students at any single institution in any academic year.
- Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- University of San Andres – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL) – Leuven, Belgium
- Fundaҫão Getulio Vargas – Rio (FGV – Rio) – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Fundaҫão Getulio Vargas – São Paulo (FGV – São Paulo) – São Paulo, Brazil
- Friedrich-Schiller-Uniiversität – Jena, Germany
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research – Hyderabad, India
- Keio Law School – Tokyo, Japan
- Waseda School of Law – Tokyo, Japan
- Ewha Womans University – Seoul, Korea
- Tilburg Law School, Tilburg University – Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Universidade Catolica Portuguesa (UCP) – Lisbon, Portugal
- Singapore Management University (SMU) – Singapore
- National University of Singapore (NUS) – Singapore
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) – Barcelona, Spain